The Area of Gabicce Mare, Pesaro
The hosting city of the Summer School 2024 is Gabicce Mare, a scenic town in the Province of Pesaro e Urbino, Marche. It is located at the foot of the promontory of San Bartolo, where the hills tumble into the Adriatic Sea at the Baia degli Angeli (bay of the angels).
Besides the sea and the Park of San Bartolo Mount, the charming old town offers several monuments, churches, swimming coves and wide sandy beaches. The small village of Gabicce Monte, perched on a hill, offers spectacular views of the Adriatic Coast. In the hills are trails in the Nature Park of San Bartolo, where you can enjoy hiking, mountain biking or horse riding.
The Summer School will take place in the Michelacci Grand Hotel, a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ establishment looking out onto the sea, in the most enchanting location of the Gabicce gulf. Located on the seafront of the Gulf of Gabicce, the hotel boasts a beauty farm, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, bars, restaurants, and several conference rooms.
Getting to the venue
Gabicce Mare, a picturesque coastal town in Italy, is accessible by a combination of flights, buses and trains from major Italian and European cities. Below are the main transport options to help you plan your journey.
This year, the transfer between the airport and the venue hotel will NOT be included in the registration fee and shuttle pick-ups will not be organized. There are two airports in the area and well as train connections available. Therefore, we cannot offer a fixed price for the transfers. The tickets are to be paid separately.
To plan your trip to Gabicce Mare, we recommend the following resources:
- Rome2Rio (https://www.rome2rio.com/): An excellent tool to explore all available routes to Gabicce Mare from different locations.
- FlixBus (https://www.flixbus.it/): Offers comfortable bus services connecting major cities with Gabicce Mare.
- Google Maps (https://maps.google.com/): Useful for route planning and finding the most convenient bus connections.
- Trenitalia (https://trenitalia.com/): The official Italian company for train timetables and ticket reservations.
- Italo (https://www.italotreno.it/en): The alternative to Trenitalia for fast track trains, especially to and from Rome, Milan, and Bologna train stations.
- OBB (https://www.oebb.at/en): If you are coming to Italy by train from Germany or Austria, this is a good way to get to Bologna train station.
Gabicce Mare is served by several airports, each offering a range of domestic and international flights:
- Bologna Airport (BLQ): A major airport about 1.5 hours away by train or 2.5 hours by bus.
- Federico Fellini International Airport, Rimini (RMI): The nearest airport, is about 30 minutes by car or 1 hour by public transport.
- Marche Airport (AOI): About 1 hour by car or 2 hours by public transport.
- Milan Malpensa (MPX) or Linate (LIN) airports: About 4-5 hours by train or bus.
- Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport (BGY): Near Milan, about 4-5 hours by bus or train.
- Rome Ciampino (CIA) and Fiumicino (FCO) airports: Offer direct bus and train connections, about 5-6 hours by fast train (Trenitalia Frecciarossa or Italo).
- Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE): Direct trains are available and take about 3-4 hours.
- Verona Villafranca Airport (VRN)**: Reachable by train with one or two connections, about 4-5 hours.
Regular trains connect Gabicce Mare with the main Italian cities (Bologna, Rome, Milan, Venice) through the Cattolica-San Giovanni-Gabicce railway station, the closest to Gabicce Mare. The hotel is 1.7 km from the station: about 20 minutes on foot, 13 minutes by public transport (bus no. 131 or no. 134) or 5 minutes by car.