Address: Campus Universitário de Santiago 3810-193 Aveiro, Portugal
– Flying to Portugal:
- The closest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro International Airport in Oporto, located 80 km to the north of Aveiro.
– To reach Aveiro from Oporto Airport you can use:
- Public transport
- Hire a car (driving time to Aveiro 1 hour)
- Taxi (~ 80€)
– From Oporto Airport to Aveiro by public transport:
- At the airport, you can catch the METRO (subway) to the city centre (Line E – Trindade; Ticket Z4 ~2.60€). At Porto-Trindade, validate the same ticket and change to any of the following lines to reach the train station “Porto-Campanhã” Subway Map and Timetables:
- Line A and B (direction “Estádio do Dragão”)
- Line C (direction “Campanhã”)
- Line F (direction “Fânzeres”)
- Exit at Campanhã and go to the train station (~2min walk).
- Alternatively, a taxi from the airport to the train station (Porto-Campanhã) costs approximately 20€ and takes about 30 minutes.
- At Campanhã Train station:
- Trains to Aveiro run regularly throughout the day (one every hour). The ticket costs 3.55€ and the trip takes 50 min to 1 h 10 min. Faster trains (Alpha or Intercidades) are also available. Please consult the website cp.pt for more information.
More information can be found on Public Transportation | Porto Airport
– To reach the University Campus from Aveiro train station/city centre:
- Aveiro railway station is located about 30 minutes walking distance.
- Taxi or uber ride takes about 5 minutes (~3€ -6€).
- The Aveiro Bus Line 11 stops at the Venue (Universidade – Reitoria) after stopping at Universidade – Antiga Reitoria (it is not listed in the schedule but it is a stop). The ride takes approximately 10 min and the ticket costs 2.05€ (you can buy the ticket in the bus). Schedule information – AVEIRO BUS_Paragem – Horario linha_297x297_L11_2009.
- The bus stops in several points of the city. Check the previous link or ask the hotel about the closest bus stop.
University of Aveiro
The University of Aveiro was founded in 1973 and paved the way in the creation of teaching offers in several knowledge fields. Today, University of Aveiro is widely recognised as one of the most innovative universities in Portugal, namely because of the quality of its teaching and research and for its cooperation with regional and national business.
With a modern and prestigious architecture, University of Aveiro occupies top positions in the most important international rankings that assess Higher Education institutions.
The venue of EC-TEL 2023 will be the Department of Communication and Arts in the Santiago Campus.
The Santiago Campus occupies a vast area situated between the lagoon area and the city centre that is equivalent to about 92 football fields. It is commonly known as a “city within the city” because that is exactly what it is – all the teaching and research infrastructures, central services, and other supporting, cultural, sporting and leisure services are concentrated in one single place. The campus is therefore able to offer excellent conditions for the everyday lives of the members of the academic community.
Aveiro is a dynamic, medium-sized city with about 75,000 inhabitants. It offers much of what big cities can offer, but without the urban chaos or loss of quality of life. Integrated in a region of great industrial development, Aveiro is nowadays a city of commerce and services, as well as a culture and leisure centre.
This young and dynamic city has a great deal to offer visitors, for example: the examples of Art Nouveau, the Aveiro lagoon and the saltpans, the canals that give the city its nickname, “The Venice of Portugal,” the long beaches a few minutes away from the city and the many green spaces.