Special Issue on “Social Behaviors and Learning in Smart Communities” – IxD&A
Special Issue on “Social Behaviors and Learning in Smart Communities”
to be published at the Interaction Design and Architecture(s) Journal (IxD&A) (ISSN 1826-9745)
• Mihai Dascalu, Department of Computer Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
• Philippe Dessus, Laboratory of Educational Sciences, University Grenoble Alpes, France
• Stefan Trausan-Matu, Department of Computer Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
*** Deadline: 15 September, 2014 ***
Other important dates:
• Notification to the authors: 15 October, 2014
• Deadline for submission of the final camera ready version of accepted papers: 10 November, 2014
• Publication of the special issue: end of November 2014
Smart communities are at the heart of social innovation. Based on networks of people and knowledge, these communities are able to foster the development of a collective intelligence. Through interaction, this may produce more adequate decision making and improvement of all kinds of processes – working, learning, policy definition, etc.
Smart communities analysis and benchmarking is of paramount importance for gathering information, in order to investigate about their evolution and for producing models of the social interaction, knowledge building and learning which occur in it; the latter in return form the basis of collective intelligence.
Natural language processing techniques, social networks analysis and other analytics tools concur to outline a comprehensive toolkit aimed at capturing the multiple facets of social interaction and of learning processes that take place within smart communities and can be used also to provide in-depth understanding of fundamental notions such as:
identity, privacy, relationships, culture, knowledge building, reputation, motivations, responsibility, attention, safety and fairness that constitute the ground values of societies.
In this context, our aim consists of stimulating inter-disciplinary contributions in the domains of informatics (focusing on adaptive and collaborative technologies), sociology, educational sciences, cognitive psychology, etc. to get a deeper insight of smart communities.
Topics of Interests
The special issue welcomes original research papers from topics including, but not restricted to:
• Natural Language Processing;
• Text and Opinion Mining;
• Sentiment analysis;
• Recommender systems;
• Semantic web technologies and applications;
• Social Network Analysis;
• Social and semantic bookmarking, tagging and annotation;
• Computer-Supported Collaboration (learning, working, etc.);
• Learning analytics tools; • Creativity fostering;
• Intelligent interfaces and information visualization on the Web.
Natural language processing, social network analysis, learning analytics, knowledge building.
The manuscripts should be submitted either in .doc or in .rtf format.
All papers will be blindly peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers.
Authors are invited to submit a 8-14 pages paper (including authors’ information, abstract, all tables, figures, references, etc.).
The paper should be written according to the IxD&A authors’ guidelines
Link to the paper submission page:
http://www.mifav.uniroma2.it/idea2010/login.php (when submitting the paper please choose Domain Subjects under: “IxD&A special issue: ‘Social Behaviors and Learning in Smart Communities’)
More information on the submission procedure and on the characteristics of the paper format can be found on the website of the IxD&A Journal where information on the copyright policy and responsibility of authors, publication ethics and malpractice are published.
For scientific advices and for any query please contact the guest-editors:
marking the subject as: “‘IxD&A special issue on: Social behaviors and learning in smart communities'”