- EC-TEL Conference
- JTELSS Summer School
International Conference MOOC-Maker 2017
16-17 November 2017
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
The Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are a popular phenomenon in the online learning world. Today many institutions offer MOOCs. This phenomenon has not only created a new trend in online education, it also has been adopted by a number of institutions around the world, allowing spaces for research in pedagogical, technological and organizational aspects.
This conference will focus on the exchange of popular trends and research results, as well as the presentation of practical experiences gained while developing MOOCs; we invite researchers, technologists, and course designers from universities and industry to share their approaches and perspectives on key topics, including analytics and data mining, assessment, credentialing, pedagogy aspects, gamification, cloud services and resources, universal design, accessibility and technological frameworks/architectures.
This event will be a reference MOOCs conference for Latin America. This conference is organized by the MOOC-Maker project, an initiative co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme – European Union. The MOOC-Maker consortium is composed by nine Higher Education Institutions from Europe and Latin America.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Areas of interest include but are not limited to the following:
* Technological models and frameworks to support MOOCs
* Assessment (different types of assessment approaches and technologies)
* MOOCs scalability and quality assurance models at the pedagogical and technical level, supported by innovative technology
* Learning Analytics
* Gamification and Social Learning Artefacts
* Universal Design and Accessibility issues in MOOCs contents and platforms
* Adaptive policies for managing different participant profiles
* Pedagogical issues, tutoring roles and human interaction in MOOCs development
* Security and accreditation models.
* Experiences and best practices in implementing MOOCs
* Instructional Design for MOOCs
* Reuse and remix of MOOCs
* Attrition and retention in MOOCs
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Authors are invited to submit original papers in English or Spanish in the following categories:
* Research and Experience papers (up to 10 pages)
* Work in Progress (Research and Experience) papers (up to 6 pages).
* Posters (Research and Experience) (up to 2 pages).
* Description of workshops (up to 2 pages).
Submissions will be handled through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=moocmaker2017
Papers for submission should be formatted according to the Springer LNCS format available at http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0
Conference Proceedings will be published online with ISBN. A selection of the best papers presented at the MOOC-Maker conference (to be indicated by the conference scientific committee) would be invited to submit an article (extended paper) to EURODL (European Journal of Open, Distance and E-Learning), IRRODL (The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning), and J.UCS (Journal of Universal Computer Sciences). These submissions would be then subject to a standard peer-review process to be conducted by the journals in accordance to the publication procedures.
Research and Experience papers – September 1, 2017
Work in Progress papers – September 1, 2017
Posters – September 1, 2017
Workshops proposals – September 1, 2017
Notification of acceptance – October 1, 2017
Camera-ready submission – October 15, 2017
Conference dates: Nov 16-17, 2017
Hotel-Museum Casa Santo Domingo
3a Calle Oriente No. 28-A, La Antigua Guatemala, Sacatepequez, Guatemala.
Armando Fox, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Carlos Delgado Kloos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Ajay Kapur, CEO of Kadenze
Dhawal Shah, CEO of Class Central
Johannes Heinlein, edX
Giovanni Dubois, Coursera
Panel-Discussion: The Future of Education Technology, Strategies and Challenges
-Papers, posters, networking
-How to create a MOOC (MOOC-Maker)
-Technical training with OpenEdx (MOOC-Maker)
-Accessibility for digital contents in MOOCs (ACAI-LA)
– and more
* Rocael Hernández Rizzardini, Galileo University, Guatemala.
* Antonio Moreira Teixeira, Universidade Aberta, Portugal.
Research Track Chairs
* Carlos Alario-Hoyos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
* Christian Gütl, Graz University of Technology, Austria.
Experience Track Chairs
* Mar Pérez Sanagustín, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.
* Jorge Maldonado, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.
* Mariela Román, Universidad Panamericana, Guatemala.